Friday 13 March 2009

Personal aspirations and goals

I think somehow I've always known that I wanted to be an artist, it has just always been something that I'm good at and can thoroughly enjoy. There are so many different divisions that art comes into, which I was really made aware of when applying for university- I didn't even know game art existed as a course until I looked through courses at DeMontfort uni o_O 

I think it is so important to question if you are truly happy on the course that you are on... I mean if you decided later that it wasn't for you would you consider it a waste of 3 years or a learning experience? 

At the end of the day art is my passion and even so far this course has made me develop my drawing skills immensely because although previously employed tone, light, line, composition etc. into my artwork I wasn't as aware of perspective and to get the form right you need to be able to judge the angle effectively. 

I have learned the significance of actually getting out of the classroom and drawing from real life, as to get a sense of depth and movement from a drawing, it can really only be achieved from viewing the reference first hand.

My first academic year is only just coming to an end and I feel I have really gained a lot from it, furthering my skills as an artist and broadening my understanding of other artists techniques and influences. I am hoping to at least develop the quality of my work to an industry standard that I could apply in my future career.

See ya ~Emi ^o^

No comments: